Tuesday, December 1, 2009

holiday barista jam

hey all,
(meaning the one person i know who reads this blog)...
i had the priveledge of attending the holiday barista jam and latte art contest on sunday at the mall, of all places. the venue was weird but it was great to have a crowd of people who had no idea what was happening. i poured, myself, however it was not a heavyweight pour, and made it three rounds in before being put out to pasture. my friend and co-worker, katie won and my co-worker matt came in second place. it was fun to heckle michael elvin and pal around with other baristas.
tomorrow, i may be working on some sample roasts of SO espresso to use in competition next year. too pre-emptive?

here is a link to the pics of the coffeeworld i've been collecting over the past few years....

pictures of coffee


enjoy!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Just for the record, I read your blog too!

Brian said...

I hope I am that one person...

Great to see pics! Glad you are doing what you want.