Wednesday, April 14, 2010

holy shizzles.

so. long overdue update.

new job: retail trainer for Batdorf & Bronson, Olympia retail.
cool? yes.
starting to see some results from my overly passionate nature rubbing off on my minions. i kid about "the minions" part.

i spend alot of time zoning out and daydreaming about the future of my own professional life and the future of coffee. i have alot of ideas of the things i want to do with my life and the knowledge that has been imparted unto me by some of my coffee heroes.


some of my new ideas:
coffee shop opening within the next year.
selling french press cozies to pay for it.
making "barista butter: it's the balm!" to also pay for my coffee shop.

working a little more on sig drinks for next year's nwbc. i think that if you can at least make it to the finals in this region, that you have a good chance at nationals. so i've got my fingers crossed that i will do well and the secret to doing well, is knowing the coffee, knowing the routine and practice, practice practice.

i'll keep you posted but i think that something involving an alternative brewing method in addition to 'spro. but i'm not sure what that will look like, taste like etc. i basically want to engage the judges in all of the sensory perception that is possible. i want to show them my passion through my ability to demonstrate how well i know the coffee that i'm working with.
i tried some square mile coffee the other day and i would like to formulate something close to that, a 50/50 blend of a pulped natural and a natural. just what do i try is the question. a pulped natural would really add to the crema of the spro, but having something really dynamic flavor wise would be excellent. just how do i accomplish that bomb, dynamic flavor without overwhelming the palate with too much fruity-ness.
???
so.... until next time....

No comments: